- Slice thinly, serve close to each other.
- Garnish with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
Abalone are considered to be one of life’s great delicacies and are consumed by many different cultures. It’s common to find Jade Tiger Abalone® served as sashimi as well as steamed, salted, braised, sautéed or simmered.
Traditional Braised Jade Tiger Abalone®
- Remove Jade Tiger Abalone® meat from the shell.
- Braise for 4 hours on low heat with pork and chicken bones.
- Remove the bones and continue to cook for another 4 hours.
- Remove the abalone.
- Thicken the stock with cornflower or potato starch and oyster sauce.
- Combine with abalone and serve.
Korean Jade Tiger Abalone®
- Place inside vacuum pack bag.
- Add vegetable stock, garlic and shallots to taste.
- Seal and cook in steam oven at 80 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Add the steamed abalone to a vegetable stock with the daikon, kimchi and other soup ingredients to taste.
- Garnish with chilli threads and serve with sweet soy.